Saturday, July 6, 2013

The beginning of a Blog

The time had come -- time to earn a Master's Degree and the time to upgrade my technology skills and integrating them into the classroom to impact and improve my teaching.  I somewhat chuckle to myself, and wonder what in the world I was thinking, but here I am creating a blog for my first technology class, questioning my every click!  One thing is for certain -- my knowledge and skills will improve and increase.  I'm just hoping I won't bombard the tech department with too many questions.

The questions I faced this week after reading and watching the Learning Resources was:  Am I using technology to do things differently or am I using technology to do different things?  I understand and appreciate the difference and accept the challenge to use technology to do different things, but I will also defend using technology to do things differently.  I will be using an interactive white board with my classes for the first time this fall.  Yes, we will still be reading and clapping Rhythm Call Charts and practicing note naming, but we will be doing it in a manner that is more interesting and exciting to the students, and in a manner in which they are familiar and comfortable using.  Doesn't that count for something?

No comments:

Post a Comment